so, i’m drafting (like armies do), but i will not put anyone in danger (and i don’t pay anything)
i’m looking for universal geniuses around the world to join HERZTÖNE & LUNGENGERÄUSCHE, the hand-illustrated diary of music to love, the medical translation to english would be HEART SOUNDS & LUNG SOUNDS, but how does that sound? so i chose to belletristically translate it to HEARTTONES & LUNGNOISES.
what i did here:
- one day i wanted to have a music blog
- which doesn’t make sense taken there are already millions of them, thousands among them really good.
- so how make it relevant and interesting without 1001sts late reviews of something big in slack words?
- paule said: don’t use photos or album covers, draw them yourself, be a fan.
what i do here (with a little help from my friends):
- go to shows, go to festivals, listen to music (not forcedly more than i would anyway)
- make illustrations, quick sketches, metaphysical portraits of bands that kicked ass in any way
- adding some writing to it, not very journalistish, sometimes nothing at all, sometimes longer stories, in my mother tongue
- line the wole thing with mp3s, it’s still about the music, right?
- once in a while review a record
- make musicians illustrate my hands, draw portraits of me
- show off with it
what i’m looking for:
- since this blog is fed into hypemachine i found myself getting more and more traffic from overseas or abroad in general videlicet people that don’t understand a word of german
- so this is meant to add to the range, the publishing frequency and the babylonian babble of this blog
what you need to be able to do:
- obiously something similar to the things described under ‘what i do here’.
- work independently, at eye level and out of passion, somehow framed by the formats of the blog (although they’re not that strict)
- post regularly, let’s say once or twice a week
what you need to know first:
- we’re young, naive and rookily messing around here, this is a blog hosted on tumblr with pictures hosted on picasa and songs hosted on dropbox. the programming of the site is weak and makeshift. we’re no professionals, have other things to do in life besides this and there’s no money in it! it doesn’t cost and it doesn’t pay. however i don’t mind the content looking expensive :) …
that’s about it. if you feel attracted by this in any way, please send an e-mail to wald(at)htulg.com containing the following:
- examples of your talent, which means 2 or 3 or more hand-drawings, ideally (not mandatorily) music-related, but don’t forget that you should be rather driven by an interest in music, less by your urge for artistic autogamy.
- 2 or 3 examples of writing about music (like said way above, this - as well as the imagery - is very free in form and content, it’s just to check that you are literate, got style and fantasy)
like this guy -
Lil’ Wayne - Let The Beat Build
and even if it’s not you reading this and heading over to your archives of amazingness, maybe you know someone who knows someone who might just be looking for a platform like this, please please please feel free to tweet, blog, share, dig, sing this, hang this as a flag outside your window.
thanks, yours, wald.